From May 16th to 18th, Madrid celebrated the European Hydrogen Energy Conference (EHEC 2022) in which the Hydrogen TCP collaborated and supported, with other entities such as Energy Hydrogen Alliance, Hydrogen Europe or the International Association for Hydrogen Energy (IAHE).
There were 4 Plenary Sessions in the Auditorium of the Complex Duques de Pastrana. The Plenary Session 2 “Towards the Hydrogen Economy. Where we are. What we need.” was chaired by Paul Lucchese and counted with:
- Noé Van Hulst, Chair – International Partnership of Hydrogen & Fuel Cells in the Economy (IPHE)
- Ute Collier, Deputy Director – Knowledge, Policy and, Finance Centre – International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- José Miguel Bermúdez – Energy analyst, Hydrogen and alternative Fuels – International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Daniel Fraile – Chief Policy Officer – Hydrogen Europe
- Burno Esgalhado – Partner – Mckinsey & Company
- Luis Humberto Umanzor – Project Administrator – UNIDO
Marcel Weeda, our Vice-chair, gave an oral presentation at Parallel Session 6 “The International Energy Agency’s Hydrogen Technology Collaboration Programme”, introducing the TCP to all the assistants.
Serge van Gessel, Task Manager of Task 42 “Underground Hydrogen Storage”, presented “Accelerating global demonstration and commercialisation of large-scale underground hydrogen storage under IEA’s Hydrogen Technology Collaboration Programme”, in Parallel Session 6, Room C.
During those days, the Technical Secretariat had an exhibition booth in the Trade Fair – Sol. Presenting the Hydrogen TCP, connecting with potential new members, and disseminating our work during all these years were some of the main tasks done.